Are you a proud purchaser of the new printer but every time you see your computer, you wonder how to add a printer to this computer? Well! You are not alone because we are available to help you. By adding a printer, you update your printer that some sort of printing device has been attached to it or available on the network for printing the documents. Even if you have properly connected your printer, you still require to add the printer to the operating system for using it. So, don’t worry about adding the printer because we will help you to add a printer to this computer. Make sure you follow the provided guidelines very carefully.
The most common way to Add a Printer to Windows 10 PC is by using the USB cable. A user can also install the wireless or add the printer connect to some other device on the network. All the scenarios are covered in the steps below:
Add a Local Printer
- Connect your printer to Windows 10 PC using the USB cable.
- Turn on the devices.
- Go to the Start menu and open the Settings app.
- Click on Devices option.
- Click ‘Add a Printer or Scanner’.
- When Windows 10 detects your printer, click on the printer name and follow the on-screen guidelines to complete the installation process.
- If you do not find the printer connected, click an option ‘The Printer I want is not listed’.
- Allow the troubleshooting guide to find and add the printer to windows 10. It will find out the available printers and also help in downloading the drivers.
- If this is not working for you, go to the printer’s manufacturer website and download the printer drivers.
Add a Wireless Printer
Wireless Printer Installation varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. In general, you can Add printer wizard with the help of following steps. However, modern printers can detect the network automatically and begin the installation process:
- Enter the wireless printer setup using the LCD panel of the printer.
- Choose your wireless network. You must know the network SSID and password and that you can check through the wifi icon present on the taskbar.
- Enter the network password.
If you run into trouble during the printer setup contact the experts.
Add Shared Printer
The home network features of Windows known as HomeGroup automatically share printers and files with the computers available on the home network. To add a printer to this computer, you have to set up the homegroup.
Setup Home Group
- Right-click on the Wireless icon present in the taskbar. Choose the option ‘Open Network and Sharing Center’.
- Click on the ‘Ready to Create’ option present next to the HomeGroup.
- Click the ‘Create A Homegroup’ button. Tap to the next.
- Choose what you want to share. By default, ‘Printers and Devices’ are shared.
- Write ‘HomeGroup’ password that Windows has created for you.
- Tap on the Finish option.
Add Shared printer on the HomeGroup
- Click ‘ Homegroup’ and after that click on the ‘Join Now’ button in the Windows explorer.
- Tap to the next.
- Verify what you want to share and tap to the Next.
- Enter ‘Password’ and tap to the next.
- Click on Finish.
- Click on Network in your Windows Explorer and you will see the list of shared printers/
With the help of these instructions, you can add a printer to windows 10 PC. In case you have any doubt, you can contact the experts and seek their assistance to troubleshoot the problem.