What is Amazon Alexa and How does it work? This is a very common question asked by the users while using the Amazon smart product. The answer is simple- Amazon Alexa is incredible powerful voice assistance that allows the users to perform numerous tasks. Once you setup the Alexa by following simple Alexa setup instructions, you can begin executing the voice commands without any hassle. You can give commands to the Alexa app and receive a response. For example- you can ask Alexa about the weather update, traffic in the area, the latest news and a lot more. In this guide, we are going to share the simple Alexa setup instructions that you can follow to set up your Alexa application and use it for enjoying the smart life experience.
Things that users can do After Setting up Alexa app:
The popularity of Amazon Echo speakers is increasing at a very rapid rate and causing so many people to jump on the bandwagon and ask ‘ what Amazon Alexa can do?”. Here is the list of things that a user can do after Setting up Alexa app for their smart device:
- Play Radio Station.
- Ask web-based questions.
- Set Alarms and timers.
- Play games.
- Control smart home devices.
- Make a call to the contacts in cell phones.
Most of the people use the Alexa app top stream online music, videos, control the smart home devices, etc. Of course, one can also do a web search using the Alexa app. With time, Amazon keeps adding new features to the Alexa app.
Setting up the Amazon Alexa app with Echo Device – Alexa Setup Process
Here are some simple instructions that will let you complete the Amazon Alexa Setup for your Echo Device:
- Before you even unpack your Amazon Echo device, download the Alexa on the smartphone or tablet.
- After downloading the application, launch it.
- Plugin your Amazon Echo device.
- The indicator light ring around the top of the device will blink blue and then change to orange color. The orange color indicates that the device is ready to configure. If the rings turn purple, press and hold the ‘Action’ button ( button present on the opposite of mute button) for at least five seconds until the ring again turns to the orange.
- Once your Echo device is fully powered and it is in orange configuration mode, open the WiFi settings on your smartphone device. Just like the other smartphone products, Echo requires to connect directly to it at the time of configuration to complete the setup.
With the help of these simple Alexa setup instructions, you can complete the Alexa setup without any hassle. The guidelines are very simple, just make sure that while setting up the Alexa you have an active internet connection. Once you are done, you can start using the Alexa app the way you want. Another important thing that you must know about the Alexa app is that you do not need to pay for using the Alexa app. Whether you want to download the application, set it up, connect it your device or use it to execute different tasks, there is no fee attached to it. The only thing you must take care of is linked subscriptions may require the payment and you can use your Echo speaker to shop.