To connect to Printer via WiFi, you must have the secure WiFi Protected Setup. WPS is a secure network having two means of establishing the connection between the different devices using the wireless connection. The first option to connect to the Printer via Wifi is Push-button while the other available option is Pin. Pushbutton is a very convenient method for establishing a network connection.
Ways to Connect to Printer Wireless Network
In this guide, we are going to discuss how to connect to printer wireless network using the WPS Push-button method. You can follow the manual guide of your printer to start with the WPS button connectivity process. Here are the instructions to follow:
- The router and printer should support thew WPS Push Button method. You can go through your printer manual and wireless router manual.
- The WPS Push Button should be present on the router.
- Your network must use the WPA or WPA 2 security. Usually, the wireless router does not use the WPS method in case when WEP or no other security option is available to make the connection.
- The default settings of the manufacturer do not have any security option, so if you are using it to make the connection then there is a possibility that your router will not make the connection through the WPS method.
Here are steps to Connect to Printer via WiFi using the WPS Method:
- Enable the WPS Push Button Method to complete the wireless printer setup for the device.
- Read the Printer Manual instructions carefully.
- Wait for 2 minutes and after that press the ‘WPS’ button present on the router. The connection will be successfully established.
What is the Wireless Setup Wizard?
The Wireless Setup Wizard is an application available in the printer’s Control panel. Browser the Printer option from the Control panel to access the wizard application. It is applicable only for the printers having a touch display.
Write down the login credentials i.e username and the password. From the control panel of your printer, click the ‘Network’ menu. You can also click on the ‘Wireless’ icon and go to the ‘Settings’ option.
- Click on the ‘Wireless Setup Wizard’.
- Select the name of your wireless network from the list displaying on your screen.
- If you are still unable to find the location of connection then you can enter it manually.
- Once you enter the WPA key and password, hit the enter button.
Step by Step Instructions to Connect Printer to WiFi:
- Click on the ‘Start’ button from the Windows and choose the ‘Control Panel’ option.
- Double click on the ‘Printers’ icon and then the ‘Add printer’ icon.
- Tap on the Next button to get started.
- Choose ‘Network Printer’ or ‘Printer Attached to Another Computer’. The option is available for the device that requires to connect to remote printer present on the network.
- Enter the printer location.
- Find the computer name with a right-clicks on the ‘My Computer’ icon present on the desktop.
- Choose the Properties option.
- Tap on the ‘Next’ option. Enter the printer’s name and tap on the next.
- Print the test page.
This way, you can connect to printer wireless network. All the steps are pretty simple and easy to follow. Just make sure that you follow these guidelines carefully in the sequence they are mentioned. If you still have a problem, you can visit the printer’s official website or go through the manual to find a reliable solution to the problem.