If you have just got a new D-link router and looking forward to setting it up, then you can do this with the help of dlinkrouter.local setup. The D-link router comes with the most advanced technology. You can use the router to connect multiple devices at the same time. In this guide, we are going to cover all the steps of the dlinkrouter.local setup. But, before you start with the setup process, here are certain things that you need to know:
- This wireless router supports the built-in D-link Setup Wizard which helps the users by providing the managed instructions for the router setup.
- If you have PPPOE as your network connection, then you must know it’s UserID and password. Ask your internet service provider for the username and password.
- In case you are using an existing modem, unplug it and turn it off.
- Make a note of the Network key and the password.
- Connect your device to the wifi network.
How to set up the D-link Router?
The following are the guidelines that a user needs to follow for the Setup. Once you setup the router and login, you can change the router settings as per your needs. The d-link setup wizard allows the users to walk through the home router configuration.
Here are the steps to follow:
Connect the Devices
- Turn off your modem and also unplug it from the power outlet.
- Connect the D-link router to the modem using an Ethernet cable.
- By using another Ethernet cable, you can connect the computer with the router’s LAN port.
- Plugin in the router to the power outlet. Turn on the wireless router and computer.
Access D-Link Setup Wizard
- After logging in to the D-link web management page, you can also click on the ‘Setup’ option.
- A quick Setup Wizard will be appearing on the screen.
- Run the D-link setup wizard and follow the guidelines.
- Choose ‘Wireless Setting’ for assigning a unique name to your network.
- In the ‘Security’ mode, you have to select the ‘WPA2 Encryption’ key.
- Set a strong password for the router to avoid online threats and cyber-attacks.
- Configure the settings and after that save them.
How to reset the D-link Router?
If you are facing any sort of issue in the D-Link router setup, or you have forgotten the router password, you can simply reset the router to its factory settings. Here are the steps to follow for the setup:
- Find out the reset button, it is present in the router’s back panel.
- Check and make sure that your router is turned on during the process.
- Use any sharp pen or paper click to press the router’s reset button/
- Press and hold the reset button for at least 30 seconds.
- You can release the button once the power light present on the router turns to orange.
- After the reset, your router will automatically reboot. The Power LED will be ready to use and stops blinking. Your router will be factory reset, thus you need to configure it again.
That’s It! By following this simple D-link Router setup wizard, you can complete the setup without any trouble. If you have any queries related to the D-link router, you can just visit the d-links website or contact the experts for assistance. The experts will give you the best advice to fix the problem.