Suppose, you have some important documents to print and suddenly your device display a message ‘The Printer is offline? What will be your reaction at that moment? Obviously! You will feel annoyed and try hard to find an answer that How To Get a Wireless Printer Back Online? If you have the least technical knowledge, you would not be able to find the right thing to do at that moment. But. if you have the support of our team, you can get out of this situation in just a short interval. In this guide, we are going to discuss how to get a wireless printer back online. So, read this guide carefully and solve the problem.
How to get the printer back online?
There are several in-built which shows whether you are connected to the wifi or not. If you are not able to find an option, you can read the manual for help.
Try the following troubleshooting steps to change the printer from offline to online:
Reboot the Device
Turn off your computer as well as the printer. Wait for 2 or 3 minutes and then turn on the devices again. If there is an internal error, then it will be resolved by restarting the device.
Check whether your printer and computer and properly connected to each or not. If not, you need to connect them properly to change the printer from offline to online.
Some common reason behind the printer offline error in this regard are:
- Old Broken Cables.
- Loose Wires.
So, check and replace the wires and cables if necessary.
Printer Spooler Window
- Go to the ‘Devices and Printers’ section under the Start menu. The Spooler Window will appear on your screen:
- Choose your printer.
- Uncheck the option ‘Use Printer Offline’.
- The settings will bring your printer back online.
- If your printer is still offline, proceed to the next step.
Download and Install the Latest Printer Drivers
You need to download and install the latest printer drivers to change printer from offline to online because the updates contain the latest features. From the printer’s control panel, click on ‘Troubleshooting’. The troubleshooter will then find out the problem and troubleshoot it.
Printer Showing Offline
There are several reasons due to which printer shows an offline error:
- Printer overloading.
- The driver could also be the reason.
- Printer sometimes even send an offline message when there is any problem with the power supply.
How to get a wireless printer back online?
Some important things can help you to fix the problems:
- Prefer not to connect your device with any Guest network, i.e wireless network in hotels, schools, and apartments.
- There are sometimes the enabled security features that do not allow the users to print the documents.
- Try to connect the printer to some other device. ‘
- Check whether your wifi supports multitasking or not. If multitasking is not enabled, you need to enable it.
Another way to get the printer back to Online:
- Turn on your Printer.
- Unplug the power cord. Keep it unplugged for a minute.
- Reconnect your power cord.
- If your device does not turn on automatically, follow the steps mentioned ahead.
- Unplug the printer power cord.
- When the power cable is unplugged from the printer, unplug it from the router also.
- Wait for a minute and reconnect the router cable.
- Once the router turns on, plug in the cable to your printer and it now must be connected to the network.
Considering these points, you can change the printer from offline to online without any hassle.