Alexa is the virtual assistant available in the Amazon Echo range and other smart devices. When the user buys the Echo device, the first question that comes in the mind is How to set up Alexa? Well, the setting up process is pretty simple, a user needs to follow some simple instructions and they can complete the process without any hassle. In this guide, we are going to discuss How to Set Up Alexa for your device. Just follow the guidelines carefully and complete the process without any hassle.
Alexa Echo Setup
Here, we are going to share the step-by-step instructions for Alexa Echo Setup. Follow the guidelines very carefully to avoid the troubles in the setup process:
- You need to download the Alexa app. You can download the application from the supported app store on your device. Search for the application and download it on your device.
You can download the Alexa application on tablets and phones with:
- Android 4.4 or higher.
- Fire OS 3.0 or higher.
- iOS 8.0 or higher.
The Alexa App is also available at https://alexa.amazon.com from Google Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge, Firefox or Internet Explorer.
- Plugin the power adapter to your Echo device and turn it on. Once the device is turned on, the light ring will turn blue and orange. As soon as the light turns to the orange, the echo will greet up.
- For Setting Up Alexa, you need to connect your device to the wireless network.
- You need to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process. One thing that is very important for the setup is the Amazon account username and password. Make sure you have both, otherwise you won’t be able to use Alexa to execute the smart tasks.
- To use Alexa, you have to use the Wake word which allows you to speak to your device you can change the wake word anytime you want as per your preference.
Once you are done with Setting up Alexa, there are two ways to change the wake word:
You can visit the Alexa app to change the wake word. Or you can change the wake word using the voice saying ‘change the wake word’.
Wake word allows you to communicate with the device and execute your commands. Just use the wake word, followed by your command and you can use Alexa to do whatever you want.
The process of Alexa echo setup is pretty simple. You just need to follow the aforementioned guidelines and you can complete it without any hassle. But, if you still have a concern, you can contact the experts and seek their assistance to troubleshoot the problem.