Add the Linksys WiFi Range Extender to your network to improve the accessibility and range of your router. With Linksys extender setup, you can double the range of your available network because the extender receives the signals from the router and ends with duplicating signals. In this guide, we are going to share the instructions for completing the Linksys Extender Setup. Carefully follow the guidelines and complete the process.
You can set up the Linksys Extender through web-based Setup page –http //extender.linksys.com. The first thing you need to do for the router setup is to log in to the web-based setup page. Here are the simple steps you need to follow:
- Connect your Linksys WiF extender to the power outlet by using the power cable. Wait until the light stops blinking.
- Use the Ethernet cable and connect the PC with the Ethernet port or wireless extender.
- Check and make sure that there is no breakage in the Ethernet cable and Ethernet ports are properly working.
- Your connection must the Finger-tight.
- Now, open any web browser on your PC and type Http //extender.linksys.com for the setup in the address bar.
- Tap on the Enter button and after you, you will be asked to provide a username and password.
- By default, the login credentials are ‘admin’ for username and password’ for a password. If you have customized the password and forgot it, it will display an error ‘Username and Password is Incorrect. You can reset the password to continue with the process.
- After entering the login credentials, click on the ‘Login’ option.
- Wait for a while and you will be directed to the Linksys WiFi Extender Setup web-based page.
- Follow the on-screen guidelines to complete the process.
Important – The aforementioned steps are for the non-configured Wireless Range Extenders. If you have already configured your extender, then proceed to the next steps to access the Linksys Smart WiFi Setup page.
Access the Linksys Wireless Range Extender Setup Page for the Configured Routers:
Set up Linksys wifi extender
If you are done with the configuration, follow the given steps to access the Linksys Extender Setup page:
- Click on the Start menu and open your File, Explorer.
- Click on the ‘Network’ present on the left page.
- Under the Network option, right-click on your Extender name.
- After that, click on the ‘View Device Web-page’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the provided username and password to log in.
- The browser will now display the web-based setup page to set up Linksys wifi extender. Follow the on-screen guidelines and complete the setup process.
So, these are simple guidelines that can help you in Linksys Extender Setup. If you find the setup process a bit difficult to complete, you can seek expert advice to complete the process.