Network Printer is not as intimidated to set up as they used to be. The new model is easy to set up and configure, and Windows 10 makes the Network Printer Setup easy for the users. In this guide, you are going to learn the simple steps to add a network printer to your Windows 10 computer. However, you can use the same instructions to complete the Network Printer Setup using the Ethernet Connection.
How to add a network printer on Windows 10 PC?
Before you add a Network Printer to your Windows 10 computer, you need to connect the printer to your network. The instructions to connect the printer may vary depending upon the printer manufacturer, but most of the new printer automatically detects and configure the settings.
For example – For HP Network Printer Setup, you can simply go to the “Setup>>Network Setup>. Wireless Settings”, turn on the wireless settings using the Wireless setup wizard for completing the task.
In case you are using a wired connection, the network printer setup windows 10 becomes easier as the only thing you have to do is to know the IP address of your printer. To know the IP address, you can simply go to the “Setup>> Network Setup>>Ethernet Setting and using the ‘ View Ethernet Details’ option.
To get more accurate instructions to add a network printer, you can always check with the printer’s manufacturer website.
How to Complete the Network Printer Setup?
You can follow the step by step instructions to complete the process:
- Go to the ‘Settings’ option.
- Click on ‘Devices’.
- Select the ‘Printers and Scanners’ option.
- Click on the ‘Add Printer or Scanner’ button.
- Choose your printer from the list and click on the ‘Add device’ option to install the Network Printer on your Windows 10 device.
How to complete the Network Printer Setup using an IP Address?
If you do not see the Network Printer listed on the Windows 10 computer, click on the option ‘The Printer that I Want isn’t Listed’ button to open the ‘Add Printer Wizard’, and follow the given steps:
- Choose an option ‘Add the printer using TCP/IP address or Hostname’.
- Tap on the Next.
- Enter the IP address of your system.
- Set ‘Device Name’ to auto-detect and also make sure that you have checked ‘ Query the printer and automatically select the driver to use’ option.
- Tap Next for the Network Printer Setup.
- Once you have added the printer, Windows 10 will name the printer automatically, but you can change the printer name if you want.
- Tap on Next.
- Choose ‘Do not share this printer’ option.
- Tap on Next.
- If you want to make sure that things are working fine, click on the ‘Print a test page’ button.
- Tap on Finish to complete the setup.
This way, you can complete the Network Printer Setup without any hassle.