The error ‘Printer Driver Unavailable’ indicates that the printer drivers you have installed on the device are outdated or incompatible. Corrupted drivers could also be the reason behind the occurrence of this error as the computer fails to recognize the printer drivers. In this guide, we are going to share the simple troubleshooting solutions to fix the “Printer Driver Unavailable” error. Follow the guidelines carefully to troubleshoot the problems.
Troubleshooting of Driver Unavailable for Printer Error:
Uninstalling the Printer
The best alternative to counter the error ‘printer driver is unavailable’ is to uninstall the printer, related software and then reinstall the printer again. You can download the drivers from the official website. Choose the right drivers for you.
Uninstall the printer and related software and try to connect it. This will, in return, complete the default printer installation:
- Press ‘Windows + R’ key and enter ‘Control’ in the dialogue box. Hit the Enter button. While using the control panel, make sure that the option ‘View By Large Icon’ is selected.
- Click on the ‘Drivers and printers’ option.
- Here, you can check all the listed printer. Right-click on your printer and choose ‘Remove Device’ option.
- Again, press the ‘Windows R’ key and enter ‘devmgmt.msc’. Go to the ‘Print Queues’ Category and right-click on your printer to uninstall it.
- Press the ‘Windows + R’ key and enter the ‘appwiz.cpl’ and after that, hit the enter button. Here, you can see your application listed. Right-click on the printer app and choose ‘Uninstall’ option.
- Once you are done with the steps, disconnect the printer from PC if you have connected through the USB connection or disconnect it from the wireless network if you are using the wireless connection.
- Plug out the power supply from all the devices.
- Wait for at least 10 minutes and after that, plug back all the device and start very module. Connect the printer to your PC by using the USB cable. Wait, until it detects and installs the necessary drivers.
By following these simple instructions, you can fix the ‘Printer Driver is Unavailable’ error without any hassle. If you still have trouble you need to seek expert assistance to fix the problem. The expert will share the best advice, to troubleshoot the problem.
If you want to install the drivers manually, you can do that as well. Just visit your manufacturer’s website and download the appropriate drivers and fix the driver unavailable for printer error. Once you are done, you can continue with the printing process.