Sometimes, while using the printer suddenly a message appears on the screen stating that ‘Printer is Offline. Although the computer and printer are both in the online state, because of communication issues, the printer appears in the offline state. Are you facing the same trouble and want to Restore printer to online status? Well! This guide can help you to do so. Here, we are going to discuss the easy common fixtures that can help the users to Restore printer to online status. Follow the guidelines carefully to overcome the problem.
How to change the printer from offline to online?
To fix the printer offline error, you have to adjust some printer settings. You can do this from the control panel. Following are the methods you can follow to troubleshoot printer offline issue.
Restore Printer to Online Status – Method 1
- Go to the control panel from the Taskbar.
- Click on the ‘View Devices and Printers’ option.
- Here, you can see the list of printers installed on your computer.
- Click on your printer icon and choose the option ‘Set as default printer’.
- Again, you have to right-click on your printer to see what is printing.
- Click the ‘Printer’ tab present at the top left corner of Windows.
- Here, you can see that the option ‘Use Printer Offline’ is enabled.
- All you need is to Uncheck the ‘Use Printer Offline’ option.
Restore Printer to Online Status – Method 2
- Press the Windows Key + R’ button to open the Command box.
- Now, you need to write ‘services.msc’ in the text field and hit the enter button.
- Find ‘Printer Spooler Service’ on the list.
- Click on the service and select it. Have a look at the top-right corner.
- Click on the ‘Start Device’ option.
Alternatively, you can also change the printer from offline to online by installing the Windows 10 update: KB3147458 on your device. Microsoft has released the KB3147458 version for the Windows 10. This update is useful for improving the printer notification when the device wakes up from sleep mode. This update also helps to rid of printer offline issue, especially when the user is connected to the wireless network.
Hopefully, these steps will help you to restore the printer to online status and you can continue with the normal printing functions on your device.
Are you still getting the Printer Offline Message?
If you are still getting the printer offline message while you print the document or email, you need further investigation to troubleshoot the problem. Here are a few more things that you can try to fix printer offline error.
Check whether your printer is properly connection
There must be a proper connection established between your printer and computer. A bad connection can cause you trouble while using printing services.
Install any Driver CDs of the printer
If you have recently upgraded the Windows but did not install the driver CD then you need to do that first. The printer requires the drivers for proper functioning.
Restart the computer
A simple restart can help you to change printer offline to online. So, restart your computer and check if the thing works.
Identify the Hardware errors
Inspect the ports, connected wires to check if there is a hardware problem. If any hardware issue exists, you need to fix that problem to troubleshoot printer offline error.
Hopefully, these steps will help you to restore the printer to online status. If you are still unable to fix the offline issue, contact the printer experts and seek their assistance to troubleshoot the problem.